Whether you’re new to security or you’ve already got a system in place, you’ll be aware that not all alarm systems are created equal. The alarm grading system reflects how skilled and prepared intruders might be:
- Grade 1: a basic grade alarm system, suitable for an area of low risk and/or an intruder with little experience/knowledge of how alarms work
- Grade 2: usually installed in an area of medium risk, such as some homes and many smaller commercial premises
- Grade 3: a higher level of security designed to stop an intruder who knows how most systems work and might even have the appropriate tools to attempt to disable them
- Grade 4: a specialist grade of alarm system, used in properties and premises where security must take priority over cost and convenience
Benefits of a Grade 3 system
All Inner Range access control products include intruder detection systems certified as Grade 3, according to European Standard EN5013-1. There are several benefits to the end user:
- combining intruder detection with access control also means you don’t have to buy, install and maintain two separate systems
- time and resources are saved
- you’ll be able to get adequate insurance protection for your business premises, because most insurance companies will not provide business cover unless a Grade 3 alarm system is in place
Tim Northwood, General Manger at Inner Range, comments: “Our intelligent access control systems always offer high quality intruder detection as standard. We know security is paramount, regardless of whether customers are looking for an Entry or Enterprise level product. That’s why we ensure all our products include certified Grade 3 alarm systems.”
Wireless devices, such as wireless motion sensors, can also be fitted to Inner Range products via partner companies Inovonics and Paradox. This is helpful for some listed and public buildings where wiring is difficult or prohibited for aesthetic reasons. Wireless systems are certified as Grade 2 but in some cases provide the only security solution.
Dynamic access cards
High levels of security feature throughout Inner Range systems. For example, our access cards include MIFARE DESFire EV2 chips. These offer excellent security, privacy and multi-application support. Their Sifer readers deploy 128bit AES encryption from the card through to the door module, providing a far superior level of security than traditional Wiegand based card readers.
Inner Range access control systems are a flexible and scalable solution offering you the ideal fit for your organisation regardless of its size and risk. What’s more, as your organisation changes or expands, the Inner Range system has the flexibility to change with you.
Inner Range has been a world leader in the design and manufacture of intelligent security solutions since it was established in 1988. Since then, more than 130,000 Inner Range systems have been installed in over 30 countries. To discuss how we can help you with your security requirements, please contact email@example.com or call 0845 470 5000.